Good landscaping practices are needed to maintain a healthy lawn. This involves employing the following methods when mowing, irrigating and fertilizing your lawn properly.
- Maintain a consistent height
- Augustine & Bahia turf grass – keep at a minimum height of 3-4 inches
Lawn Irrigation Guidelines
- Fall: 1 to 2 times a week – total of 1 to 1 ½ inches per week
- Winter: 1 time a week – total of ½ to 1 inch per week
- Spring: 1 to 2 times a week – total of 1 to 1 ½ inches per week
- Summer: 2 to 3 times a week – total of 2 inches per week
Set your sprinkler system to turn on in the early morning so the grass will dry quickly. Evening watering often leaves the grass wet for too long and invites fungus to take root. Always take rainfall into consideration.
- Application of insecticide for the prevention of insects such as fire ants and chinch bugs
- Weed control as needed
- Fertilizer to keep turf healthy and green.
At Adam’s Pest Control, we offer ongoing lawn care. Maintaining the health of your landscape is a lot like maintaining your own health. If you practice good habits like proper diet and exercise, you are going to look and feel good. The same holds true for your landscape. Good landscape practices are a must. We follow the Florida Friendly Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources by the Green Industries (GDEP), whose goal is to reduce nonpoint source pollution and promote the efficient use of water by:
- Reducing the off-site transport of sediment, nutrients, and pesticides through surface water or groundwater.
- Using appropriate site design and plant selection.
- Using appropriate rates and methods of applying fertilizer and irrigation.
- Using integrated pest management (IPM) to minimize pests and apply chemicals only when appropriate.
Contact us today to inquire about our Lawn Care Programs!